Here's a story from last night at dinner.
We were sitting at an outdoor restaurant with the other teams. They had mentioned to us that there are a lot of beggars, and you just give them harsh "shoo" and give them the hand motion to make them go away.
So there were guys coming up to us throughout dinner. Little kids hitting us up. And there's this seat that's empty next to me. This one guy comes and sits next to us. I'm thinking this guy is pretty clean. And he's speaking English to us. But one of the other teammates starts telling to go away. After about 20 seconds of this, I do the gentleman thing (more like Yvonne telling me "You have to do somerthing. Stand up!"). So I get up and I tell him to go away. He grabs my water bottle, and starts saying something. And I grab it back and tell him to go away again. So he does.
Then another one of the team members saying that we were being kind of rude to one of the workers, as we all watch him walk towards the kitchen.
There's a moral to this story. You can think about it.

3 Comments:
alright, thats a grand total of 5 blogs i can check on blogger now :) please keep up with the entries, and take care, i'll be praying :)
C'mon, i come to this blog for EXCLUSIVE CONTENT that you can't get by email. Where's my content???
Praying for you guys. So excited about the very tangible work you'll be doing today and tomorrow.
Happy Birthday Yvonne!
Post a Comment
<< Home